We’ve hit the halfway point of summer. How are you holding up? For our family, summer is mostly unstructured fun, but I’m excited about a new 4-week free Camp Google. Yes, a free virtual camp filled with science activities and adventures!
Ocean Week begins today, July 13 at 3PM Eastern/12PM Pacific time. Set your alarm because you’ll be able to watch National Geographic’s Explorer-in-Residence Sylvia Earle and Erika Bergman dive into the Atlantic Ocean! We can watch live through Google Hangout. How cool is that?
After you and your kids watch the ocean dive, head over to the National Geographic Kids Ocean Portal for fun activities:
- Check out ocean animal profiles (sharks!)
- Play ocean themed games
- Take a shark personality quiz (I’m a whale shark, gentle and kind)
- Learn how to protect our oceans
After you explore the ocean this week, head back to Google Camp more. Each week begins with a live Google Hangout and suggested activities to extend learning. Here’s the Google Camp schedule:
- July 13 Ocean Week: What’s Down There?: Watch a live ocean dive
- July 20 Space Week: How Do You Live in Space?: Explore NASA’s food lab
- July 27 Nature Week: What Will You Find in the Wild?: Explore a volcano
- August 3 Music Week: Why does Music Make You Move?: Rock out wit Zendaya
Don’t forget to print out the Badge Tracker so you can keep track of your Google Camp progress!
As a National Geographic Kids Insider, I’m excited to share fun, educational activities for our kids.