This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BetterWithCraisins #CollectiveBias
Eating healthier doesn’t have to be boring or challenging. For me, little changes over time actually stick better. A big game changer for me was when I discovered white whole wheat flour. I pretty much dropped all-purpose flour cold turkey once I realize how beautifully white whole wheat baked and tasted. My other secret ingredient is Craisins® Dried Cranberries. We always keep a bag in our pantry for snacks. Sometimes I even manage to sneak some away from my kids to bake with.
My new obsession is perfecting my no knead bread recipe. I love bread (who doesn’t?), but I’m too impatient for the rising and kneading process. I don’t always have the time. Friends, this is my best no knead bread recipe yet. The bread is most, fluffy, and flavorful. I made 4 versions of these cute little rolls before I was happy. My husband and kids ate every single batch. They’re not as picky as I am.
The secret ingredient are Craisins®. They add the right hint of sweet-tartness to the rolls. If you’ve never had these little dried cranberries, give them a try. A 1/4 cup of Craisins® equals 1/2 serving of fruit, so they’re a healthy snack to satisfy your sweet cravings. (Try making your own trail mix with them.) Because of the cranberries’ sweetness, I was able to cut back on the amount of honey I used in the recipe.
I was surprised to discover that Craisins® now come in different flavors: blueberry and cherry were just a few I saw. There’s even a reduced sugar version, for those who are trying to scale back. I grabbed the giganto 24oz bag because my kids eat them by the handfuls. Check your local Walmart’s dried fruit section and grab a few packs to try.
I also grabbed a bag of the new Craisins® Fruit Clusters to try as a topping on my Greek yogurt. The combination makes a great breakfast or afternoon snack. The clusters add just the hint of sweetness I crave. You can get more topping and snack ideas on Ocean Spray®’s Pinterest board.
I’ve teased you enough. Are you ready to try your hand at these no knead whole wheat cranberry rolls? Go forth and bake!
No Knead Whole Wheat Rolls with Dried Cranberries
- 1½ cup lukewarm water
- 2 tsp of instant yeast
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon honey, agave syrup or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Extra butter to brush bread (optional)
- Generously grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In bowl or stand mixer, combine all ingredients (except for extra butter). Beat the mixture for 3 minutes using stand mixer or handheld electric mixer. If the dough is too stiff, switch to a dough hook. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Place approximately ¼ cup of dough into each section of the muffin tin. It should fill about ⅔ of the tin. Cover pan with lightly greased plastic wrap (or disposable shower cap). Place in warm place until dough rises just over the top of the tin, about 60-90 minutes. Rising time may be different depending on how warm your kitchen is.
- During last 15 minutes of rising, preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake the rolls for 25-30 minutes, until they are a golden brown.
- Turn onto a cooling rack. Brush with butter for a softer crust. Allow to cool completely before slicing.