I might have found my perfect weeknight dinner. Seriously.
With just a handful of ingredients–mostly pantry staples–I whipped up this linguine with spicy tuna marinara sauce in about thirty minutes. Not only was it simple to make, my kids asked for second helpings. Second helpings of a brand new to them dish. Both kids.
This recipe is a keeper.
I’ll bet you have these items in your pantry: canned solid white albacore canned crushed tomato, and pasta. I like noodle type pastas the most. I think it’s an Asian thing. I ate a ton of noodles growing up.
I always keep a few cans of Bumble Bee solid white albacore tuna in my pantry. I prefer solid white albacore over chunk light tuna because it’s firmer (holds up to cooking) and tastes better. Albacore is an easy way to add a lean protein with healthy fats into your dish. I also learned that Bumble Bee only uses responsibly caught Albacore!
For this recipe, you can use any type of pasta you want. I used whole grain linguine to amp up the nutrients of this dish. The tomato sauce is garlicky with a hint of spiciness. You can definitely add more if Sriracha paste if want more heat.
If you don’t have arugula, spinach works well too. Just toss it in at the end and let it wilt with the heat. I love that it’s a super quick meal you can throw together on busy weekday. I’ve already received requests to make it again because my husband loved it too. We had zero leftovers!
I hope you’ll try the recipe and give Bumble Bee Albacore a try.
- 13oz of linguine
- 2 5oz cans of Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore in water, drained & broken into chunks
- 3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups of crushed tomatoes, canned
- 1-3 tsp of chili garlic paste or sauce (like Sriracha)
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup arugula
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh basil
- Cook linguine according to package instructions. Reserve ½ cup of pasta water before draining. Set aside. Prepare the sauce while the pasta cooks.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium high heat until it shimmers. Add garlic and cook until it turns golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chili garlic paste, salt, and ½ cup of pasta water. Simmer over medium heat until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally as it simmers.
- Add all of the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until coated and heated through. Add arugula and tuna. Toss until combined. Remove from heat and toss in basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.