The round-up is back! Apologies for skipping a few weeks there. Now that the kids are out of school and at Grandparents Camp, things around here are a bit more relaxed. Which means I can write more!
Exciting news! I’m excited that this blog has been named a Top 100 Resources for the Black Family on Family Digest! I’m in such great company!
Here are this week’s (month’s?) parenting meets race stories:
- 35 Ellis Island Immigration Photos That Capture American Diversity (All That Is Interesting)
- Compassion Drove Dad To The Salad Bar — That, And Fear Of Alien Abduction (NPR)
- Merle Dandridge on “Blasian” Identity (CAAM)
- 100 Race-Conscious Things to Say to Your Child To Advance Social Justice (Race Conscious Children)
- Immigrating to English (The New Yorker)
- What Box Do You Check? (The Mashup Americans)
- You Might Be a Parent-By-Adoption If (Scary Mommy)
What parenting meets race stories have you read recently?
Happy reading and happy weekend!