This week flew by! I was in a post-vacation haze all week. We’re mostly unpacked but now there’s piles of clean laundry and stacks of dirty dishes in the sink. No more maids to make my bed and set out fresh towels for me everyday. But I’m glad to be back home.
Here are this week’s parenting meets race stories:
- Ta-Nehisi Coates hits us with the hard truth with On Homecomings (The Atlantic)
- A Tribe Called Mash-Up (The Mash Up Americans)
- 16 Empowering Books for Teenage Black Girls (For Harriet)
- Report: We Need More Teachers of Color (Colorlines)
- Rising out of shame (Napkin Hoarder)
- The CDC is investigating a cluster of teen suicides in Palo Alto (PRI)
- 5 Lessons from Influential Biracials (MixedRemixed)
What must read parenting meets race stories have you read this week?