Lots of big parenting meets race stories this week, including Old Navy’s ad that featured a (fictional) interracial family. Racist Twitter lost their minds. I saw kudos to Old Navy.
Here are this week’s parenting meets race stories:
- Old Navy ad with interracial family prompts social media outrage — and support (Today)
- Misty Copeland is excited for girls to see a Barbie with ‘muscles and brown skin’ (Mashable)
- What Mixed Race Parents Are Tired Of Hearing (Scary Mommy)
- Things Immigrant Parents Say (Mom.me)
- Kids made fun of my ‘stinky’ lunch, which taught me a hard lesson about life in America (PRI)
- 8 Picture Books to Celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month (I’m Not the Nanny)
- Fresh Off The Boat asks “what’s in a name?” in a way few shows can (Vox)
- Mixed Experience History Month 2016 (The Mixed Experience)
What parenting meets race stories did you read this week? Share in the comments.