It’s already Friday! I’m looking forward to a weekend of chilling out–the non-flu sponsored version. Spring has made itself at home this week and we have big plans: grilling. Nothing says spring like cooking your food over fire. If we feel like leaving our home, the kids also want to see Disney’s Zootopia.
Here’s this week’s list of must read parenting meets race stories:
- How ‘Zootopia’s’ upbeat score explores race and prejudice (Los Angeles Times)
- 9 Things You Should Never Say to Interracial Couples (Bustle) I shared this on the I’m Not the Nanny Facebook page and got lots of great comments!
- The Ups and Downs of “Picking A Side” (MixedRemixed)
- Why Are There So Few Biracial Dolls? (Bustle)
- 11 Middle Grade Books with Mixed Race Girls (I’m Not the Nanny)
- The Show That’s Subtly Changing The Way We See Asian-American Men On TV (Buzzfeed)
Don’t forget to “spring forward” and turn your clocks forward an hour Saturday night.