This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry Growers Association in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I’m a recovering breakfast skipper. Unless you count coffee as breakfast. Spoiler: it’s doesn’t. I’m not very hungry when I wake up in the morning. By the time I get moving and wake enough to eat, I’ve missed breakfast. It’s sad that this foodie forgets to eat the most important meal of the day.
My brain knows it’s not healthy to skip breakfast. My body needs energy in the morning, and breakfast gets my metabolism jumpstarted. Blah, blah, blah, right?
Then I found the solution to my breakfast skipping woes: guacamole toast.
Eating guac for breakfast sounds totally crazy at first, but stay with me here. Not only does avocado contain loads of healthy fats, but its creaminess is so satisfying to eat. Some people just smash slices of the bright green fruit on their toast, but I push the deliciousness even further.
This strawberry guacamole bacon toast hits all my favorite flavor profiles. The fresh Florida strawberries add sweetness and texture(those seeds) to the buttery avocado. There’s a bit of garlic and shallots for some bite along with a generous squeeze of lime juice for tang.
Slather all of that on some toasted multigrain bread and a slice of crispy, smokey bacon? Heaven. If not heaven, then something worth waking up to every morning. If you happen to have leftovers, grab some tortilla chips and dig in!
For most of us, fresh strawberries in the middle of winter sounds odd. It did for me until I learned that Florida Strawberries are in season from now. If you’re on the East Coast, they’re in your grocery store right now. Did I mention that 8 medium strawberries equal your daily requirement of vitamin C? I can eat 8 strawberries in a flash!
Make ahead tip: The guacamole can be made the night before but without the strawberries. Cover with plastic wrap flush against the guacamole to keep it from turn brown. Stir in the strawberries right before serving.
Strawberry Guacamole Bacon Toast Recipe
Reserve 1 T of strawberries for garnish (optional) Cut open avocados, remove pit and scoop into a medium bowl. Add salt, black pepper, and juice from ½ lime. Mash with fork or potato masher. Taste and add more lime juice, salt, or pepper to taste. Stir in chopped strawberries, shallots, and garlic. Spread guacamole on toast. Top with a slice (or two) of bacon. Garnish with chopped strawberries.
Reserve 1 T of strawberries for garnish (optional)
Cut open avocados, remove pit and scoop into a medium bowl. Add salt, black pepper, and juice from ½ lime. Mash with fork or potato masher. Taste and add more lime juice, salt, or pepper to taste.
Stir in chopped strawberries, shallots, and garlic.
Spread guacamole on toast. Top with a slice (or two) of bacon. Garnish with chopped strawberries.
Learn more about Florida Strawberries and try new recipes from Strawberry Sue. They’re on social media, too: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Strawberry Sue on YouTube, and Strawberry Sue on Twitter.
Make sure to enter their photo contest! To Enter: Share a photo featuring a strawberry using the hashtag #FLStrawberry and you could win a $100, $50, or $25 gift card. Enter by 01/17/16. Winners will be chosen at random and announced during the LIVE #SundaySupper Twitter Party 01/17/16.
Want more mouthwatering recipes? My fellow Sunday Supper bloggers have even more Florida Strawberry recipes for you.
Strawberries for Starters
- Crispy Strawberry and Brie Bites by Ruffles & Truffles
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Flatbread by The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry Basil Goat Cheese Ball by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Strawberries for Breakfast
- Creamy Strawberry Chia Seed Avocado Smoothie by An Appealing Plan
- Fresh Strawberry Breakfast Parfait by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Balsamic Frittata by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Strawberry Bread by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Breakfast Cake by Recipe for Perfection
- Strawberry French Toast Kabobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Guacamole & Bacon Toast by I’m Not the Nanny
Strawberries for Lunch
- Strawberry-Poppyseed Chicken Salad Sandwiches by Casa de Crews
- Venison Street Tacos by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Strawberry Brie Flatbread Salad by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Caprese Salad by Life Tastes Good
Strawberries for Dinner
- Balsamic Pork Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Healthy One Pot Chicken Strawberry Paella by Food Done Light
- Pecan Chicken with Strawberry Chipotle Salsa by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Quinoa with Salmon and Strawberries by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry BBQ Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Risotto by Magnolia Days
Plus don’t miss Delicious Strawberry Ideas and Sweet Recipes by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.