I received a Dyson Hot + Cool Fan to review. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
The holidays are busy for us, and I’m sure it is for you too. Due to hubby’s holiday work schedule, we stay in the DC area for Christmas. Thank goodness for Skype so we can chat with my sister and my parents! Since the holidays can be stressful, it’s important to create your own retreat at home. Whether you want to imagine you’re hanging out at a ski lodge or on the beach, just 20 minutes will make you a happier, more relaxed person.
I’m prepping early this winter with my new Dyson Hot + Cool AM05 Fan. Not only will it keep me warm in my chilly kitchen office, it’s perfect for creating my own retreat at home. In fact, I took some much needed me time before jumping into packed calendar of Halloween festivities. Ok, since my kids are still around, It’s become more of mini staycation.
Create Your Own Retreat at Home With The Dyson Hot + Cool Fan
- Create a comfortable space. I picked up a small faux fur rug from Ikea to give my fireplace that ski lodge feel. Who doesn’t want to chill out on a soft fur rug?
- Play a fireplace video on your laptop or television. I used to make fun of those fireplace videos, but not anymore. When used appropriately, it creates the perfect ambiance. I found 3 different fireplace videos on Netflix: without sound, crackling logs, and background music. You can find videos on YouTube and on Amazon Prime. Want to hang at the beach instead? There’s beach videos too!
- Make a hot beverage. We’re aiming for a ski lodge feel here. A mug of hot chocolate, coffee, or even hot toddies will complete the mood. And help you relax.
- Turn on your Dyson Hot+ Cool Fan. It won’t feel like a real fireplace without any heat. Grab the remote and turn on the heat. The bladeless fan is quiet and heats up quickly. Since it has a digital thermostat, you can set the heat at a much more comfortable temperature than if you were in front of a real fire.
- Grab a book or your favorite magazines. Do you have a stack of unread magazines you keep meaning to read? Or how about the latest book you downloaded on your Kindle? Now is the time to pull them out! Need some book recommendations?
- Relax and enjoy. My in-home retreat was so cozy that my cat Pixie had to test it out. I think she approves!
I only had 20 minutes to hang out in sanctuary, but it was just the break I needed!
I’ve been using the AM05 Dyson Hot + Cool Fan in my office for a couple of weeks now. I’m now a fan for life! Here’s what I like about the fan:
- Safe to use around kids and pets. The bladeless fan has a low surface temperature and will automatically shut off if tipped over. I don’t have to worry about my kids accidentally touching it. There’s no burning smell when it heats up.
- Heats a large area quickly. My old space heater would only keep my feet warm. The Dyson Hot + Cool keeps my entire office warm. Since it’s been chilly, I haven’t used the cooling function yet, but I assume it’s going to be as good as the heating function.
- Quiet. It’s so quiet that I sometimes forget the fan is on. This means I can use it during video calls and phone calls.
- Easy to set up. It took me less than 10 minutes to get the fan out of the box, set it up and turn it on. Set up was simple, I was worried I’d miss something. Nope, it was just simple.
- Has a remote control. I love the remote. I don’t have to get up and adjust the temperature. I won’t have to worry about losing it attaches magnetically to the top of the fan.
- Precise temperature controls. You can set the temperature from 33F to 99F. The fan will also remember its previous settings when you turn it back on.
- Comes with 2-year parts and labor warranty
What I don’t like: I haven’t found anything that I dislike about the fan.