Last New Year’s Eve, Sophia fought to stay awake for the ball drop. About 60 seconds after the toast and celebratory kisses, she zonked out on our friends’ couch. This year we’re aiming for a more kid-friendly New Year’s Eve event. By kid-friendly I mean a daytime event so hubby and I can put the kids to bed and have adult time before the ball drops.
When I heard about Port Discovery Children’s Museum Noontime New Year Masquerade Bash, I knew it would be a good match. Hubby and I have intentions of taking the kids to Port Discovery in Baltimore, MD, but somehow it never happened.
On December 31, Port Discovery has fun activties planned throughout the day to help you and your kids celebrate New Year’s Eve-without the late bedtime. It’s a costume party as well so don’t forget to dress up! I’m sure Sophia will gladly don her princess outfit for the party.
In addition to all the exhibits, you and your kids can help get ready for their New Year Celebration:
- Interactive, science show and demonstrations with Eric Energy!: 12:30 pm and 1 pm
- Number decorating and Sound Sandwiches: 10 am – 11:30 am
- Mardi Gras Mask Making: 11 am – 4 pm
- Egyptian Juggling Lessons: 11 am – 3 pm
- Uncle Pete Fun with Kids: 1:30 pm and 2 pm
- Punch and Judy Show: 1:30 pm; 2:30 pm; 3:30 pm
- Hee Kyung Traditional Korean Dance Troupe: 3pm
- Family Activities with the Baltimore-Kawasaki Sister City Committee and the Governor’s Office on Asian Pacific American Affairs: 10 am – 4:30 pm
Doesn’t that sound fun? Noontime New Year activities run from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on December 31st and are free with Museum admission. Museum admission is $12.95 for ages 2 and up. Children under 2 and members are free. You can purchase tickets at the door or in advance. Port Discovery is located at 35 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202.
Here’s your chance to win a family 4-pack of tickets, a $52 value, to Port Discovery Children’s Museum Noontime New Year Masquerade Bash.
First leave a comment on what you normally do on New Year’s Eve.
Then you can do any of the following for extra entries. Just make sure you leave a comment for each thing you do.
- Subscribe to my blog (click Posts RSS above to get started)
- Like Port Discovery on Facebook
- A daily tweet: I want to be at @PortDiscovery’s Noontime New Year’s Eve Bash! Win tix from @thienkim http://bit.ly/eQxPc0 #giveaway
Giveaway ends at noon, December 28. Winner must respond to my email within 12 hours or I will draw another winner.
Congrats to TechSavvyMama! Random.org picked her to win the tickets.
Disclosure: Port Discovery is giving my family tickets to their Noontime New Year’s Bash
Photo and graphic courtesy of Port Discovery.